Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2005, 09:12 PM

Backup problem w/apps

I'm a very new SD user (even licensed!). Successfully created a backup of my PB to an external firewire drive (all files). Options set to repair permissions and then reboot from the backup drive. Upon reboot to the backup, all applications, except two, worked. And it's actually the two I'd need in an emergency to keep up and running. The first is Final Draft 7, which no longer sees the license activation, the other is Notetaker (Aquaminds), which also says I do not have a valid license. In the case of Final Draft, the license is activated via CD insertion and an internet connection. (There's a limit on the # of activations.) With Notetaker, I have to manually enter the license info to get it to work. Is this "normal" that I will have to expect to reactivate the license of some applications but not others? Things like Word, StickyBrain, iLife apps, even my finicky DreamWeaver MX ran with no problem on the backup.

Thanks much.