Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villaman View Post
sdsl, a notification system like the one I mentioned would not need to send anything to anyone. It could simply check the OS version and tell you if it's been tested against that version or not. That's hardly a system audit.
I think that this is a good idea. I don't expect software to check for every conceivable incompatibility, but it would be helpful if major OS incompatibilities were flagged, either automatically or in response to the user asking to check for updates.

Quote:
Yes it is, on the SuperDuper page. It's not worded so clearly on the homepage though. You can go to that page, read the promo blurb and download the software without ever clicking through to the 2nd page with the warning.
The home page mentions the addition of preliminary support for Leopard, while the SuperDuper! page says that 2.1.4 is not yet fully Leopard compatible. But, from my reading of the warnings from Dave, if you're running Leopard, you shouldn't be using SuperDuper! for backup, period. Therefore, it would have been better to say that SuperDuper! is not Leopard compatible.

Finally, before anyone jumps at me for my criticisms, I add that they're meant constructively. It's about making a great product even better. I'm very thankful that Dave and his team are turning over every rock to make sure that some future critical backup will function as it should.