Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Angry SD Gets the Drive Name WRONG

So I've been running a smartupdate from my "Data HD" to a firewire drive called "Data HD_Clone". This has been running succesfully every day at 12:30 PM.

Today, I decide I want to do a Erase and Copy. Everything starts out fine, then 85% into the copy SD crashes. Okay, so I reboot and try again, but when I launch SD, it thinks the name of "Data HD_Clone" is "Data HD_Clone 1". And it fails to start a copy to that drive, apparently it's confused or something.

Disk utility is not confused, nor is Tech Tool Pro, nor any other drive utility I use to reformat or repartition. My desktop name comes up with just Data HD_Clone and the get info shows Data HD_Clone.

Even uninstalling and reinstalling SD it comes up and wants to put a freaking "1" behind the name every single time. Therein is the problem I believe, it says it is starting the copy process but just sits a ZERO for an hour and never actually copies anything.

So what's up with that? how can I UNCONFUSE SD.

By the way, I can do a full erase and copy from my Macintosh HD to another Fireware drive just fine. And I am on 10.4.8.

Thank you,
James