Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2020, 05:36 PM

System restore problem

I ran into a big problem today trying to do a system restore. I have had Superduper! for years and have done many system restores and never had a restore problem before. I do a smart update backup of my boot drive early each Sunday morning. I rotate between 2 partitions ( MacbookProOdd and MacbookProEven) on an external USB drive. This mornings went to MacbookProOdd. I installed Catalina, and had a problem with VMWare Fusion, and decided to restore back to Mojava. I booted to MacbookProOdd with no problem. I tried Copy: MacbookProOdd to Macintosh HD, Restore – all files, erasing Macintosh HD. When I clicked Copy Now, nothing happened. I thought maybe I couldn’t restore from the drive I was booted from (not the way I remembered from the past). I booted MacbookProEven and tried again. Same result. I then restored using disk utility with no problem.

Some interesting info: On my Scheduled Copies screen it shows MacbookProOdd Next copy Sun. Apr 19, Last Copy Sun, Mar 15. MacbookProEven Next copy Sun. Apr 12, Last Copy Sun, Mar 29. The MacbookProEven is correct. The MacbookProOdd is missing this mornings backup in Last Copy. The log for this date is missing. The DU restore, restored as if it worked this morning (I have files from yesterday).

Running Superduper! 3.3.1, macbookpro (mid 2012), Mac OS X 10.14.6. External USB drive is 2TB Seagate.

Any ideas what could be wrong or anything I can gather?

Tags
3.3.1, restore