Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
Didn't the Borland published version have both in the same box?
Yeah, I believe so. Since my first post I realized my personal copy is version 3.0, but I got my boss back then to spring for several copies of 3.1 before your publisher was sold to Borland. I can't remember the publisher's name - Solution Systems or something? I also bought a copy of Sorcerer's Apprentice (source control software) from them (which was a mistake - it actually corrupted some files when I was trying it out. Luckily they were just for testing - nothing important).

I have managed to get BRIEF to kind of work with long filenames - the following batch file will take one filename (including a LFN path, if included) and convert it to short version before launching (works under XP, not sure about other versions of Windows):

Quote:
@echo off
setlocal
set bpath=c:\brief\macros
rem set bhelp=c:\brief\help, set . . ., etc.
for %%f in (%1) do c:\brief\b.exe %%~fsf
endlocal
Dave, one of the things that made me a loyal user was your tireless and enthusiastic support on BIX. It's nice to see you still have the same level of commitment to your users in these forums today. Thanks.