Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM

App problems after booting to cloned drive

I posted this more or less as a reply in another thread, but I think I should put it here at the top in case anyone else sees this.

Start point: Powermac G5 Dual 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB internal SATA drive, OS X 10.4.11. Already have a bootable dupe of this volume on an external Firewire drive.
Added: 250GB SATA 2, partitioned into 100GB "TIGER" and 132GB "LEOPARD" (unused as of now)
Duped original volume to the new partition.
Booted to new partition, launched a couple apps, accessed web, seemed to be in order.
Wiped 160GB to create "DATA" volume in anticipation of installing Leopard into new empty partition.
Decided to play a little more Call of Duty 2 before actually running install. Problem is no matter what I do, Call of Duty 2 won't start anymore. I always get the error "...could not locate..data folder...". I've tried reinstalling base game to boot volume. No go. I've tried reapplying the 1.3 patch. No go. I've tried installing on the DATA volume, both base and with 1.3 patch. All no go. The CD spins up and then I briefly see the hourglass and then the no data folder error.

So far, all of my other apps that I've tried run fine. The only other app that is an issue is Quake 4 which crashes almost immediately after showing the "loading game" screen. All other aspects of this computer are the same. I'm just on a new hard drive and the games won't work. I've tried renaming the volume back to what the original one was, but still no go.

Anyone got any suggestions?

UPDATED: I was thinking about this after reading some other swap drive threads and I wonder if I can do this: I've renamed my new boot volume what it was originally and I have a duped volume on an external drive. If I rename that external volume the original name, and boot to it and THEN dupe it to the new 100GB partition, will that more or less get me back to where I was before?

Last edited by wuulfgar; 01-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.