Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Lost second monitor

Hello,

I'm using 10.5.2 on a dual quad core with a Radeon X1900 video card. Main monitor is a Cinema display, second one is a 17" HP that I use for e-mail. Everything used to work fine.

SD backup to an OWC firewire drive seemed to go well. Booted fine, and my apps worked.

However, checking the boot off of the firewire drive, the second monitor was blank. Not "dead", as in a dark room one can tell that it is on, but no info on it.

I tried re-seating all the cables. Re-booting, etc. No luck. The monitor doesn't have any controls to speak of (power, volume)

In System Prefs>Displays>Arrangement the system thinks that the second monitor is there, but when I try to drag a window onto it nothing shows up.

I unhooked the monitor and plugged it into my laptop just to make sure it wasn't a weird timing coincidence, but the monitor works fine on the laptop.

Now the funny part (not haha funny) - when I boot off of my internal drive now the second monitor does the same thing. It's blank, and I cannot get it to work.

I am sure that the only thing I did was run SD between everything being fine and losing the second monitor.

It might be that the second port on my video card decided to die, but this seems unlikely as the main monitor works fine.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.