Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 05:40 AM

I too, was a CCC user. When I saw SD! i was a wondering "why pay" if CCC is "donationware" ?

So I downloaded SD! to give it a fair try. Back then I had only an external FW drive and did a clone "more or less everyday". (It saved me once tho!).

When I first saw SD! i wasn't really "impressed"... until I figured out the smartupdate... it really takes no more than 5-10 minutes. Then when you start using SD! you realize that even when there are things that I'd change or improve (Greatly), it's way much faster and complete than CCC. I mean no disrespect for CCC, which is an excellent piece of donationware software if all you need is clone a drive from time to time. But SD provides much more control and allows you to run custom scripts, etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone over CCC. The only reason why I wouldn't pay for SD! if, as I've said before, all I need are a handful of Full Clones (this sounds like Star Wars, no pun intended) from time to time. But even then, SD! can do that possibly faster.

GOod luck.