Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 AM

SD 2.5 - Clone disk hangs on boot

Hi all,

Upgraded to SD 2.5 (over the top of existing SD) on Leopard. Program ran fine but the disk image hangs during boot.

I have confirmed I can boot the disk image in safe mode (shift on boot) but in normal mode things just hang around the time launchd is starting up (its a little hard to tell). When things hang, CPU hits 100% and no disk activity.

I have tried recreating the backup using Erase than Copy (initially it was a Smart Update) and reformatted the disk between updates. I also tried rebuliding prebindings to no avail.

Boot disk is external USB. I've tried removing the plist from /Library/LaunchDaemons for VMWare and Crashplan but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to diagnose the hang on boot (down to what is actually hanging?) - or anyone else having a similar problem?

-d