Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Script Hooks & Log Files

Hello,

I would like to create a shell script which would get called after the copy process is finished which would send an email to myself.

I've read through the forums and the proposed solution of using Growl is not sufficient since the MailMe Growl plugin will not work with my mail configuration, etc.

I have written a script which can send mail, so that's no biggie, but there are some outstanding issues/questions I could use help on:

• Does the "Run shell script after copy completes" option get called even if there is a failure prior? I don't think it does, so this prevents me from being able to send a failure message.

• How can my script access the log of the copy operation so I can email it to myself?

• Is there a better "hook" than the "Run shell script after copy completes" option which I can use to fire off emails when the copy completes totally (and in the case of a failure /or/ success)?

• Does anyone know of a Growl plugin which can execute a shell/Applescript? If there was one, then I could use that to do what I want when SD! sends Growl the notification (I'm assuming SD! sends a notification to Growl on success or failure).

Thanks for your time,

Levi