Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM

Unfortunately, it does not appear to work.

I spent a good amount of time over the last few days working on this. There are 3 other employees here testing this with me. None of us have been successful getting this to work.

I have done the following multiple times to test:
- boot out of a non-PGP iso (mountain lion USB flash drive) and clear the partition table by writing dd's of /dev/zero across about 10G of the external disk
- carve out and format a new filesystem in a new GPT partition
- re-encrypt that disk
- retry a SD! copy of my OS to that newly encrypted partition
- Attempt to boot out of it after it finishes.

I have tried this with SuperDuper! 2.7.1 and also with Carbon Copy Cloner (Version 3.5.1 (1079)). Both products have been unsuccessful

My hardware is as follows:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f32

and I have an Apple 500G SSD disk as my internal drive (not sure if SSD is different when it comes to creating a SD! copy).

Let me know if you need any other information that would be useful in helping to track down why SD! does not currently properly copy a PGP encrypted OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 OS-disk to an external drive that is also PGP encrypted. I am currently using PGP Desktop v10.2.1 MP4, btw.