Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Backup on 10.3.9 Server

Hey, I'll be using SuperDuper to update our FilerServer/Home Directory server.

Little bitta info about how I've got it set up (not sure if this is pertinent or not...). I have 4 HDs in this machine, there's the Server HD which is the boot drive and holds misc. share points for software distribution and other collections of misc data, then there's the Users HD which contains all the Users home folders. Then each of those has a backup HD which is slightly bigger than it.

I had cloned (using ASR) the Server HD before, so I was going to start with the Users HD. I cloned it, and when it was done, I noticed that I could not mount most of the misc. share points. All my Users were still logged on, and I can remount the users home folders fine, so I've not gone critical yet.

Since people are working on it right now, I can't reboot AFP or the entire server, but I imagine that would take care of it, as all the setting seem fine in Workgroup Manager and Server Admin.

I find it odd that the mounts on the HD I was *not* mucking with would be the ones affected.

So, is this a known issue? Am I going to have to reboot the server (or rstart afpd) after each time I backup? Is there a way around this?

Thanks for any input!

Frank