Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2009, 08:11 PM

hey

at the top of my previous post you can see that i already did the test that you are talking about (scheduled wake up with no external monitor connected)...

um, you might want to run audio with the lid closed, or your backups, haha... also, i haven't tried it, but i wouldn't be surprised if the MB/MBP will wake for ethernet admin access in clamshell mode too...

i certainly wouldn't recommend clamshell mode for extended periods in a hot ambient environment, but in a more modest climate, or with air conditioning, from what i've read the heat doesn't seem to be an issue...

also, i think maybe you are maybe taking the heat issue a bit far... yes some laptops run hotter than others, but just because one machine runs hotter than another doesn't make it "worse"... there are acceptable operating temperature ranges, and as long as a machine is in the range, well, what's the problem?

and after all, going back to the OP, we are talking about a simple Smart Update onto an external drive, a relatively short and non-CPU intensive operation, no?