Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2023, 04:05 PM

OK. I figured it out. Geez Louise. Many days ago I had to rebuild my system, and my internal hard drive is normally named "Shadowfax". After a few days I noticed that it actually somehow got named "shadowfax". I corrected it (figuring it was just a very very minor correction) but only after I had scheduled some SuperDuper copies! So, the SuperDuper Scheduled Copies script was trying to copy "Shadowfax" to one disk, and "shadowfax" to another. But "shadowfax" didn't exist anymore! I never deleted and reentered all the SuperDuper scheduled copies, which was dumb. I just edited the time/date on the schedules that were already there, so that internal boot disk name change didn't get fixed. As a result, when the SuperDuper scheduling script tried to copy from "shadowfax", it wasn't there, and SuperDuper just didn't do anything (and no errors appeared). When you want to do a copy from the main SuperDuper window, of course, what appears there is the properly named "Shadowfax", because that's the disk that it sees there, and the copy works fine. That's why manual backups were all successful to both disks. Now that the naming is fixed in Scheduled Copies, everything works properly, and back-to-back scheduled copies work perfectly, like you said they should. Thank you!

But I might suggest that when SuperDuper can't find a disk it is being asked to schedule a copy to or from, it ought to pop up some error! Very sorry about all this, but I think this lesson might be a useful one.