Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 PM

Question Icon placement

Dave:

Mu drive layout:

internal = iMac Internal HD
external #1 partition #1 = LaCie Sandbox
external #1 partition #2 = LaCie_External_HD
external #2 = LaCie Data HD

I have several icns in my (your) "Volume Icons" folder for both iMac Internal HD and LaCie_External_HD. External #2 isn't bootable as its name implies.

1) When booted off my internal drive and I want to do a "Copy all" clone of this internal drive to a sparseimage on LaCie Data HD, my special icn (= a star) gets properly copied per your Script (Volume Icons/iMac_Internal_DU.VolumeIcon.icns and the destination being iMac_Internal_DU inside "iMac_Internal_DU.sparseimage") ... success - AFTER I eject the disk image and then re-double click on the .sparseimage file! I still count this as a success, even given the required eject and re-expansion.

2) When booted off my internal drive and I want to do a "Shared Users and Apps" clone of this internal drive to LaCie Sandbox, my special icn (= a clam) gets properly copied per your Script (Volume Icons/LaCie SandBox.VolumeIcon.icns and the destination being LaCie SandBox - not a sparseimage) ... success!

3) Now, the "feature" ...

When booted from either iMac Internal HD or LaCie_External_HD and I want to do a "Copy all" clone of LaCie_External_HD to a sparseimage file on LaCie Data HD, the above "star" icon gets copied (iMac_Internal_DU.VolumeIcon.icns, not LaCie_External_DU.VolumeIcon.icns which is a wrench) ... failure!

The destination is a sparseimage file "LaCie_External_DU" on LaCie Data HD with Volume Icons/LaCie_External_DU.VolumeIcon.icns having the correct icon (= a wrench)

4) I do recall your saying awhile ago that all bets are essentially off for a destination of a sparseimage file ... but I am curious why the sparseimage example for (1) works and the sparseimage example for (3) does not work.

John Love