Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2009, 09:56 AM

Yes, I can boot from the MyBook drives just fine. When I boot from a backup drive, I don't edit video or do much of anything taxing. I keep it light because I normally am only doing it to run a check on something, testing to see if the drive actually boots, or waiting on my computer to get fixed (honestly, this has only happened once to me when my HDD failed in my Aluminum iMac).

I don't know the rpm's. Anyway to find that out through the system? They are 1 TB and 2 TB MyBook drives.

Yes, I reformat in Mac format. Journaled + and always GUID partition so it is bootable.

By record if you mean audio, I have no idea as I don't do that work on a back up drive.

They are great drives for backups. However, the number of USB ports really sucks when you start using USB. I just recently bought a 1TB Barracuda drive SATA to stick in my OWC enclosure with esata, usb and FW 800 on it. I am now backing up to it on a daily basis and I bring out the MyBooks for their monthly or quarterly update and return them to their highly secure resting place.

I make all my Mac Friends purchase SuperDuper and thanks Dave for your hard work.

I want to add that I also keep Time Machine running to my 1TB time capsule. That is a last resort and believe me, I am not a fan of Time Machine for a number of reasons but I can say the network backup is much faster now. I want to try SuperDuper over the network again to see how that goes with 2.6.2.

Last edited by aplnub; 11-26-2009 at 09:59 AM.