Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 01:31 AM

Can sandbox share a partition with other data?

I'm using superduper for the first time to backup the original hard drive and to create a sandbox and at least one on-going sparse image. I have a new iMac intel with 250 mg hard drive. My external drive is a WD my book pro 500.

My plan was to split the external drive into two partitions, one devoted to the on-going clone of the original hard drive, the other devoted to the sandbox, a sparse image and some miscellaneous files. I want to avoid partitioning the second half of the external hard drive further. I read somewhere that partitioning drives on a Mac should be kept to a bare minimum.

However, the superduper manual raised an issue that isn't totally clear to me. The issue is, must I create yet another partition on the external drive devoted solely to the sandbox? Even if there were a way to create a sandbox on a partition that contains other files, would I be flirting with danger somewhere down the road in trying to boot from the sandbox or in trying to copy back from the sandbox?

jotaro