Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM

Drive imaging/restoring issues

We use Superduper to create a default system image for all of the Macs that we deploy. In general it works great and there are no problems, but there have been a few errors that I'm hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

1) Most recently was a 10.4.10 image that I installed onto several Macbooks. After installing it, I discovered that the machines were locking up when they tried to go to sleep. The actual OS did not seize, but rather the screen,keyboard, and mouse stopped responding. This was verified by pressing the power button, which immediatly refreshed the screen and displayed the "how do you want to power down" dialog. Pressing Cmd-option-eject was able to duplicate the problem every time. I eventually went back to an older image of 10.4.10 and have had no problems since. What could have happened to an otherwise working image?

2) On a different Macbook, I installed the system image and the user is now getting an error: "A valid video device could not be found for playback. [-700717]" There does not seem to be anything wrong w/ the DVD drive, but again, could Superduper have made a mistake in transferring the files?

3) My last question is what is broken with Superduper and 10.5? Does the program not operate in 10.5 correctly, or does it not transfer 10.5 images correctly? I know fixes are in the work, but I can't seem to find a list of what is broken.

Thanks in advance.