Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2007, 08:28 PM

Boot off firewire backup

Hello all,

I have a PPC mini-mac that I've been happlily backing up to a sparse image NFS hosted in a debian box over my LAN. My wife has become more 'dependent' on the MAC, it's in the kitchen and basically runs our family life now , so I decided a 'bootable' backup would be much better, so I bought an 80G firewire drive.

'About this MAC' shows it is a 'PL3507 Combo Device', and a quick google on that says it sports the Oxford 911 chipset. Lucky me, I had no idea there were different ones about, and reading the rest of the posts this is the good one.

However, after a full backup with make this drive bootable, OS X refuses to see it. I've held down the option key, tried 'T', and even as a last resort, told Super Duper to do the backup and reboot off firewire. The latter just left me with a grey screen for a few mintutes, so I unplugged the drive, power-cycled the box, and let it boot off of the internal drive.

Did I miss a step here?

Best Regards and thanks for any help/suggestions!

Lee