Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 11-02-2006, 05:59 AM

SmartUpdate failed: target disk full

My schedule smartupdate of mu User Files failed for the first time ever last night. The log showed the following final message:
" 10:04:23 PM | Error | ditto: /Volumes/Backup/Users/myname/.Trash/21-31-03-Default.3gp: No space left on device"

When I checked the size of the target (a 29.8 GB partition on my external hard drive), it showed that there was 0 free space left and 29.7GB used. However, the user folder on my internal hard drive that I was attempting to copy with SuperDuper! is only 10.7 GB and the total used spaced on the internal drive is 24.1 GB. I am at a loss as what SuperDuper! copied to the external backup partition. When checking the backup, I am not able to find what is filling up the extra 29 GB. Any suggestions other than erasing the backup partition and starting again?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
It's difficult to know, macWish. The Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide has a description of how this can happen, but even with that it won't necessarily be easy to determine exactly what happened.

I think that doing an erase-then-copy is the best and easiest workaround for now.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
It's difficult to know, macWish. The Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide has a description of how this can happen, but even with that it won't necessarily be easy to determine exactly what happened.

I think that doing an erase-then-copy is the best and easiest workaround for now.
Erase and copy worked; normal copy created. Hope this does not recur.