Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 AM

You were right -- the first time

Originally you thought the files were bad on my Mac. Then it looked like the NAS wasn't working right. I always wondered how with an error called "I/O" anyone could tell if it was a read or a write error.

Now I'm getting Error #36 errors from the same files that could not be copied by SD. I'm getting strange sounds from my Mac's drive so I expect it is going bad slowly.

IMHO there is no reason to abort a backup because there is an error reading a file. Simply skip the file upon a read error and continue.

Is there anyway to tell SD to keep working even if it encounters errors while backing-up a /USER directory? I can use the log to see what files are bad.