Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 AM

Thumbs up First time caller here with just a few questions...

Hi all, i just installed superduper on a brandspanking new macbookpro and so far so good. i just had a few questions and kudos to the developers for making it so simple to get started. I am also a bit new to OSX, coming from decades of microsoft pain and suffering. I was using Acronis Truimage for years and would like to know the following:
* is superduper like carbon copy cloner as in bit for bit backups, and that would be like Acronis but just easier?
* is there a recovery procedure for restoring a caput system from an image sitting on a windows server, which is where i am backing up to right now.
"* is 1.5MB/s backup speed what one would expect over a SOHO lan? that's what I am getting now and that's what i was getting with Acronis, but Acronis was doing heavy compression....is superduper doing any? that would be a bonus!
Well, thanks for a cool product...