Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer27x View Post
Well, we restarted and still have the same problem. Is there a work-around?
It's been a while since I've used 10.3, but we used to have an iMac with some shared volumes, and it was running 10.3.9 ... and every so often the shared volumes would not be available to access. The method I used to "fix" it was to go to the computer with the shared volumes, and go to the Sharing pane, then disable Sharing, exit Preference Panes, then restart, then go back and turn Sharing back on. With some experimentation, I think I found that the restarting step was unnecessary. But these steps always "restored" the shared volumes so they were available for remote access (through the local network) once again.

Obviously you can't go through all this for every backup, but I found that the problem only surfaced once in a while, but it won't go away by itself once it surfaces.