Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 AM

Cloned internal disk won't boot

I am experiencing some very strange behaviour and would appreciate any assistance or advice.

I have an old MBP I have been using as my own with no issues (other than speed.) I upgraded to a new MBP (very nice) so thought I would use the old MBP to clone my wife's iMac (as it needs to go in for a screen repair.)

I have cloned my wife's iMac using SuperDuper and booted the old MBP using the external drive. I then cloned this external drive to the internal HDD of the old MBP. However I cannot now see this internal drive as a startup disk. I have tried this twice with the same effect both times.

Any obvious things I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Darius