Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Disk Utility in the meantime??

I seem to remember there is a manual, non-automated, non-"smart copy" way to make a bootable backup using Apple's Disk Utility. While were waiting for SuperDuper to be ready for Leopard, can anyone tell me how to use Disk Utility to make this backup? I'd be willing to let it run overnight just so I have my daily 100% backup.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 AM

Hello,

Launch Disk Utility. Select the Help Menu from the main menu bar. Type dup into the Search field. The first entry should be "Duplicating a Disk". Select that. If you need assistance with the instructions there, I'll try to help.

brian
Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogje View Post
Hello,

Launch Disk Utility. Select the Help Menu from the main menu bar. Type dup into the Search field. The first entry should be "Duplicating a Disk". Select that. If you need assistance with the instructions there, I'll try to help.

brian
Thanks, I'll check that out for future reference. And... actually I have reverted back to Tiger because of some significant problems. The most major being that my Macbook Pro would not wake from sleep under Leopard. I found a significant discussion about the issue at Apple's discussion pages, so it's a real issue, and not just me. It's hard to figure how that issue got past the beta testing.

Rich
Old 10-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Thanks for that, brian. I'd only ever used SuperDuper! since switching to the Mac so didn't even realise that Disk Utility is an option. I'm still eagerly anticipating SuperDuper!'s Leopard-compatible update, but at least I'm not at a standstill now; I'm able to start properly migrating over, having cloned my "clean slate" installation to another partition. Again, thanks!