Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 09:49 AM

Scheduled backup crashes, but only on one Mac

I've read a few of the other threads that discuss the crashing of SuperDuper! when using 10.4.8 on an Intel Mac. Not to beat a dead horse, but I wanted to throw my issue out there as I don't believe it's been discussed.

I have two Macs, a 1.83 Core Duo Mac Mini at work and a new 2.16 Core 2 Duo 24" iMac at home. I have SuperDuper installed on both and scheduled "smart" backups on both. Both are running the exact same version of OS X with all of the latest updates (10.4.8). Both are backing up to external, USB 2.0 drives.

On both Macs, the first time I tried to run a scheduled backup (before anything was ever copied), they crashed. I then did a manual backup on both, which went through with no problem. But, this is where it gets weird.

Since the manual backup was done, the Mac Mini has yet to crash during a scheduled backup. It runs faithfully every night with no issues. The iMac, however, has yet to make it through a scheduled backup without crashing. It crashes without fail (it can make it through a manual backup).

Both machines are set to sleep at the same time, have the same screensavers and the same energy settings. The ONLY difference between the two machines is the processor.

Has the processor issue been looked at? Is this just a coincidence? I figured the more info you guys have the better and I hope this helps.

I have to say that I do love your product and (when it works correctly) is the best backup solution for Macs on the market.

Thanks.

Jon
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
We definitely know what's causing this problem, Jon, and it's going to be fixed in 10.4.9... I can't give details, unfortunately, as much as I'd like to...