Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Noob-to-SD! user questions

Hey, Dave and everyone:

Following the rave reviews on MacBreak Weekly, I went ahead and purchased SuperDuper! for my backup routine. So far, so good, but I have a few questions. I have been picking through the fourm, so my apologies if any of this has been covered elsewhere.

1. As far as I can tell, SuperDuper! doesn't do incremental backups; i.e., saving different versions of the same file over a period time. My plan is to use SD! for backing up my system once a week, while still using Retrospect (and eventually TimeMachine) to incrementally backup my work files. Make sense, or does SD! cover that situation in a way I'm unaware of?

2. Copy newer files vs. Copy different files. It's probably age, but I'm still not getting the difference between the two. My interpretation is "copy newer" looks strictly for the most recent modification date; "copy different" will update the file if the mod date is the same but the size or something like comments in the Get Info box has changed.

Any help is appreciated. SD! looks like a good program and I'm looking forward to using it.

Matt