Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Can't use mail after restore from backup

I had a functional computer with no mail problems prior to demonstrating how to restore a hard drive from a Superduper backup. I have done this a couple of times in the past with no problem. However, this time I lost the ability to use either MS Entourage or Mac Mail. When I try to run Entourage I get an error (-5000) saying it can't change to this identity. It then presents a window allowing me to choose an identity. The only identity present is the one I've always used and the one it now says it cannot change to. If I try to create a new identity it says it cannot change to that one. I then have to quit.

Mail will run but no Viewer Window appears and in the preferences window there are no accounts, nor can I create new accounts.

I have tried fixing permissions and updated prebinding but neither has done anything. I trashed the preference files to no effect.

Just tried adding a new account on the computer. Everything works fine so the problem is with the original account. Really don't want to have to migrate everything to the new account.

Last edited by stephen99; 09-08-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Typo and additional info