Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwross View Post
So, this is a bummer...

Let me make sure I understand the situation properly, because after initially deleting the plist files and letting Growl 1.3 recreate them, I get SuperDuper! notifications for backups I manually initiate, even if I manually initiate via the scheduled window.

I do NOT get any notifications for automatic updates that, I assume, are some sort of CRON job.

1) Is that what everyone else is experiencing and, Dave, what you'd expect given what you know now of the situation?

2) Whose issue is this to fix? SuperDuper? Growl? or Apple? If, Apple, I'd say we are screwed 'cause in my experience, this just isn't something that will even take the time to understand, let alone alter their user-experience to accommodate.

So...given that...any suggestions?

Dave, any option of adding a special and optional notification triggered by SD for Growl to see after a scheduled completion or fail.

In all honesty, this isn't a small thing for me. We recently corresponded via e-mail (thanks for that!!) because I had some failed SD backups that actually warned me of a failing hard drive before SMART saw any issues. The only reason I was clued in to that happening was because there was a Growl notification sitting on my desktop.

So, for me, it's a critical feature and any info on how to get it back would be most appreciated ;-)
I submitted a ticket for this, but have not gotten a response yet. Yes manual backups get a Growl alert, but scheduled backups do not. For me this is a huge problem as I depend on the MailMe alert when out.

Tags
growl