Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 AM

hi dave -

actually i'm glad you prioritized other things - like making the backups work! the fact that this was pretty much the only thing that went wrong (and it was a minor thing) is impressive.

if you do get a little time to work on it, it could go something like this:
- when you select "new copy script", you're prompted for a name for it (check to see the name isn't already used) but not a save path.
- when you select "close" after editing it, you're prompted with save/don't save/cancel, but again not a save path. just save it where it should go.
- under Copy-->Using, add a "Delete Selected Copy Script" menu item below "Edit Selected Copy Script".
...i think that would pretty much take care of it.

the manual is quite good really. supporting several types of backup, to various kinds of media, is of course going to be more complex (and important to do right) than ripping a cd to itunes.

i understand the difference between boot/non-boot volumes' icons etc., i just thought other people might not - but i shouldn't speak for other people. the only thing that surprised me personally was seeing the "dev" folder - don't think i've seen that before (without also seeing /bin, /sbin, /var, /etc). for a second or two i had the feeling "oh, it didn't work right"...

about caches & file size - it's true, well i come from the days of doing backups onto floppy disks, so probably i'm a bit obsessed with it! but really, backing up 10-20GB of garage band loops, DVD studio templates, /Developer, etc. is a waste of time and space when i've got the original install discs right here. in the end my total backup was under 20GB.

again, these are very minor things, nothing to complain about! just thought a view from the first use of the software might be helpful, while it was fresh in my mind...

<jeff