Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Simply mount the image and rename the volume (inside the image) in Finder to the name that matches the filename (e.g. img2).
Hmmmmm... So you're saying that the mounted name is a function of information in the sparseimage, but can be overridden permanently by information on my machine?

[I'll try your suggestion when I get home, certainly, but am a bit confused by the technical details.]

I guess the reason I ask is that image A is on an external drive attached to host A, which has Personal File Sharing turned on. I copied image A to image A', from host A. Then, from host B, I'm doing a "Connect As" to attach to the drive on host A, and am then mounting image A'. The fact that it mounts as A (and not A') tells me that the name comes from inside the image, and not from anything external.

However, you're suggesting that if I mount A' (which shows up as A), then rename it *on host B, where it's remote-mounted* to A', that the name A' will stick from then on, whenever (for example) SuperDuper! automatically mounts the image for me... Is that the idea?

That would mean that host B maintains a separate cache of names that overrides everything else... Which is why I'm confused. :-) The fact that A' mounts as A suggests that there's something *in* the image file itself that could be changed, to make it mount as A'.

Regardless, thanks for your quick help. I love SuperDuper! -- it's been rock solid for me, for years. I would recommend it on a heartbeat...

Tags
rename sparseimage mount