Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 10-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Yosemite

When will SuperDuper! be Yosemite compatible?

What about cloning the Recovery Partition?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Hi, Tommy. Since Yosemite isn't out yet, we can't declare ourselves compatible with it. However, the existing version works with the prerelease versions, and we'll have a new update out when Yosemite is finalized.

The Recovery Volume is readily recreated through a variety of means (including simply reinstalling the OS from the App Store) should you need to, and there are free tools (including Recovery Partition Creator - http://musings.silvertooth.us, and Apple's own Recovery Disk Assistant) to do things with it as well, so we don't have immediate plans to copy it.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:14 PM

SD! told me a new version was available. But I think there was too much text in the message in the SD! panel for me to see/click the Update button. I downloaded the new version and did a manual update.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Administrator

No, not too much text. It's a bug - depending on how long your drives take to respond when we're filling the pop-ups, the main window expansion animation may get interrupted by the update notice. But the height is set already, and so it mis-calculates how big it has to make the window.

Return will accept the update (and if you quit and re-enter quickly, it'll probably animate properly).

Sorry about that!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Hi, Tommy. Since Yosemite isn't out yet, we can't declare ourselves compatible with it. However, the existing version works with the prerelease versions, and we'll have a new update out when Yosemite is finalized.

The Recovery Volume is readily recreated through a variety of means (including simply reinstalling the OS from the App Store) should you need to, and there are free tools (including Recovery Partition Creator - http://musings.silvertooth.us, and Apple's own Recovery Disk Assistant) to do things with it as well, so we don't have immediate plans to copy it.
I realize this was a note before Yosemite was official, but while there are approaches to create/recreate a Yosemite recovery partition, I have to say that Carbon Copy Cloner has a mechanism to do so (somewhat clunky, to be sure).

When I back up a disk I would really like to be able to copy the Recovery Partition as well, all at the same time without another application to muck with!

Last edited by pdnoguchi; 11-20-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Administrator

But...there's generally no need to do so. It's easy to recreate should you need it.

Tags
yosemite