Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 AM

Question Sandbox Login Problem

I am running OS X 10.4.10 on a Macbook Pro (Intel). I normally run as an Admin, and have set up a root account and a Standard account for my spouse. My Admin account has a sparseimage under users.

I have been successfully creating and updating an "SD backup - all files" on my Firewire external drive (1 of 3 partitions). Booting and login from the backup is completely normal.

I have had some problems with updating Parallels to the latest version. I decided to create a sandbox on a new partition on my primary drive, to test the update for possible differences.

However, if the sandbox is created from my normal Admin account, then I am unable to login to my same account in the sandbox. The error is "You are unable to login to the user account xxx at this time." I can login as root OK.

If I create the sandbox from the root account, then I can login to my admin account OK, except that I get an error indication after login that indicates a wrong iClock wants to run.

In both cases, I can see that a link exists from the sandbox to my user sparseimage in my primary Mac partition. Also, links exist from some application names in the sandbox -- some are duplicated in the sandbox, as you state in the manual.

I'm stumped.

Dale