Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM

Question Startup volume keeps changing!

I have a MAC Pro 10.4.11 and use SuperDuper to backup all files on "system" to a dedicated bootable volume "Mirror" on a different internal physical drive. "Mirror" is not the only partition on this drive.

If I restart it re-boots correctly into "system". If I shut down and switch on, it boots incorrectly into "mirror" but I have not changed the startup disk in system prefs.

When in "mirror" a restart boots incorrectly into "system" - again I have not changed the startup disk in system prefs which is locked by password against change. When this program is unlocked it appears to default to the other startup disk but there is no positive selection process.

This is difficult to spot and dangerous if I do not notice I have booted into the "mirror" which is a couple of days old and then start to create new files on the wrong volume. I now use DiskWarrior to tell me which is the current boot disc (the disc I cannot rebuild because it is the startup disc)

Is anybody else aware of this issue? Is it OSx or SuperDuper or me?

Any help would be appreciated.