Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 AM

Hang during Smart Update

Hi,

I hadn't backed up my MacBook in a few months, so I decided I was overdue for a Smart Update. I've tried a number of times over the past several nights, but Smart Update continues to hang after evaluating about 25 GB.

The first night I let it run for about 45 minutes, but it showed no progress after the first 15 minutes or so. Since then I've been stopping the update after about five minutes of no progress.

If it matters, I'm backing up to a Western Digital external drive that's connected via USB. I've used Disk Utility's "repair disk" function on the external drive, but it never turns up any problems with the disk.

FYI, I'm running OS 10.5.8 and I just updated to the latest version of SuperDuper tonight. I was hopeful the update would solve the problem, but it didn't. Prior to this problem, I had never had any problem with SuperDuper.

Finally, I tried to submit feedback via the SuperDuper application itself, but for some reason my message didn't go through. If you need to contact me via e-mail or if you need me to attach the SuperDuper log, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.