Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 PM

Exclamation Superduper just hangs at copying stage...

Here is what I do I start my super-duper before I go to bed usually it takes about 3 hours to do but when I wake up it is still hanging at this stage...

"zazaza" being the name of my external HD. Also I noticed some people copying and pasting logs I dont know how to do that so if it would help to see such things please let me know. I have done this a few times with no problems but this happened the other day and I have tried over and over but to no avail. I also "repaired disk permissions" and many other things like that. Any help would be appreciated K thx bai.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Are you running FileVault, bai?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 PM

No I am not familiar with this app.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:11 PM

THe only significant change I think of was installing and using candybar, I have since restored all the icons it changed to their system defaults and appzappered it.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
OK. I don't know if you're downloading/bittorrenting/etc something overnight, but what you'll want to do is open Terminal. Then, copy the following to the clipboard:

sudo lsof | grep SDCopy

Paste that into Terminal. Press Return at the end of the line, then enter your password (it won't echo) and press Return.

That'll print a list of what we're copying at the time -- the last two lines are what we're reading and writing. That should be the file that's causing things to get stuck, probably because it's being written while we're trying to back it up.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
OK. I don't know if you're downloading/bittorrenting/etc something overnight, but what you'll want to do is open Terminal. Then, copy the following to the clipboard:

sudo lsof | grep SDCopy

Paste that into Terminal. Press Return at the end of the line, then enter your password (it won't echo) and press Return.

That'll print a list of what we're copying at the time -- the last two lines are what we're reading and writing. That should be the file that's causing things to get stuck, probably because it's being written while we're trying to back it up.
If I do that now nothing comes up like so...

I have restarted my Mac since and so that may be the reason, also before I start copying I close ALL Programs and then restart and open up no new ones except super duper so nothing like that, after sleepy sleep time tonight I will type in this command and see what goes on and also post my findings so check this thread back in about 18 hours and I will have some results for you.

I would do it now but it takes about 3 hours for me to find that error and im afraid due to my hectic lifestyle I cannot be out of action that long () Thank you for your help.

Last edited by proximo; 02-19-2009 at 02:27 AM.