Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Question Super Duper Backup and Time Machine on Same Drive

I have got my Super Duper backup and my Time Machine backup on the same external USB drive as per the FAQ. This is working brilliantly but I'm concerned about eventually running out of space on the USB drive.

According to the Time Machine documentation it will carry on writing weekly backups to the drive until it is full (and will then presumably start deleting old stuff). However what if I then want to now do another Super Duper backup? If this requires any more disk space than the current one, then surely it will fail!

So how do I go about making sure there is always some free space on my external drive? I've searched the net and can't find any easy way of restricting the amount of disk used by Time Machine. Are there any other options?