Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Thanks! The first day I had it set up, it did not copy either. Thinking it might be sleep/wake issues, I set the Preferences for the computer to Never Sleep, and checked the box to allow "put the hard disks to sleep when possible". I was under the impression that this would allow the HD to spin down, but the computer would not actually be asleep. The guy at Western Digital support had told me he thought the MyBook would not be noticed by the iMac if it were let to sleep. Anyway, that worked, and it copied every morning for a while. We actually never log out. When it first failed to copy the other day, I changed the Preferences, so that the HD would sleep after one hour, and set a schedule for it to wake up at 1:25 AM, in time for the scheduled Copy at 1:30 AM. That made no difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, which I will try now. I'll have to leave it if it runs or not and get back to work; I'll let you know later what happens.

jay