Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 10-25-2005, 12:10 AM

i tunes and mail

twoquestions:set up auto backup using the given extra script and cronnix. worked fine. however when i tried i tunes this mng i see the library has disappeared except for one cd. what could hv caused that, and how can i relocate it/install it ? i did recently use software update to update to 6.0.1

on backing up mail, i find that if/when i open the backed up version, all the mail that has been read in the original version but not on the backup shows up as unread. is there a way that all mail that is read on the orignal version, gets backed up as read

tks

nals
Old 10-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Hi, nals.

Don't have any idea what might have made your iTunes library disappear, other than your iTunes update. When you look at the library in Finder, are the files still there?

Regarding mail, assuming you're using Smart Update and "Backup - all files", we do copy the files, and the read status is either with the files (pop) or with the server (imap); I can't see why it would be any different on the copy unless it's IMAP and hasn't yet been synced with the server. Could that explain?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:21 AM

tks reply

itunes library seems to have gone missing. looked in library, via spotlite etc, it is not there. strange. maybe unrelated to superduper backup

on the mail program, see your point. i need to set up my server to delete msgs once downloaded i think

tks

nals
Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
While some have indicated that the iTunes update has destroyed their playlists and the like, I haven't heard of anyone having the actual files lost! I wish I had some ideas for you, nals... but if the files aren't in Library/Music/iTunes Music Library off your Home folder, I'm not sure where they'd be, or what would have messed with them.