Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 AM

Replacing Dead Secondary Drive - Questions

I am currently using SD to backup both the internal drive on my Mac Mini as well as an external drive on which I store documents, all of my music, photos, etc.. I have my iTunes, iMovie, and the storage locations for many other applications pointing to the external drive.

Well, the external drive died today and I purchased a new one which is bigger and made by a different manufacturer. If I format the new drive and give it the same name as my old "dead" one and then do a restore via SD, will I be okay? For e.g., will iTunes think that the new larger drive is the same as my old one and know to look for my music there? What about alias that have been created (that's how I have iPhoto set up).

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

davpel