Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 AM

Testing Apps on MBP

OK, I want to be able to test apps without messing my system up. Also, need to keep it as portable as possible on my MBP. I figured I would create 2 partitions on my internal drive. So I looked into a few options. I noticed that SuperDuper has a sandbox feature. This would be great but it shares user data. This would be a problem with some apps. For example, iPhoto. When upgrading to iPhoto '09 your photo library gets updated and then is not usable with previous versions. Then after testing and booting back to the original system (that has iPhoto '08) you no longer can use that photo library.

So I decided to make one partition a "fresh install" partition to test things out and the other partition is my default.

Any of you do similar tasks?
I guess I'm looking for some tips and advice. Like I said I need this to be as portable as possible and don't want to rely on always booting from an external drive to test things out.
--