Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Issues with cloned drive and Bootcamp

Hi,

I'm currently running a Macbook and wanted to upgrade my 80gig to a 160gig. I read that SuperDuper was a good way to clone the drive without having to reinstall programs, etc.

I originally had Bootcamp on my 80, but got rid of that partition to copy the drive, thinking that I would just reinstall Windows once I got my 160 in the computer. I managed to successfully make a clone on the 160 that boots fine, but there are two main problems I have.

Even though the 160 was formatted as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)," BootCamp Beta does not recognize it as such when I boot up from it and try to install windows. It tells me to format my drive as a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) when that's clearly the format that it is. Just to see if it was a problem with the original 80gig image, I put that guy back in, and it didn't have any problems installing bootcamp.

My second issue concerns the speed of the clone. Even though the specs are the same (both are Seagates 5400s) the clone is slower. Is that just because it's a larger drive?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! I use Windows XP quite a lot in certain situations, and would love to save the hassle of having to completely reinstall OSX. Thanks much!

-Fracus