Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Um, no - we actually require ownership to be on, and turn it on after we run. Perhaps the drive were set up to be read-only for your user?
That's what unchecking the ownership box does. "Ignore ownership on this volume" Checking it means to ignore, unchecking is what I believe SuperDuper! used to do under 10.6.8 but it looks like things have changed in Lion. This might be something for you to check and confirm.

I discovered this when installing Lion on an external drive. It installed fine under 10.6.8 but I couldn't boot it under Lion, if fact my Lion computer would not even see the drive when connected by Firewire. It would when connected by USB. I sent the drive back to OWC and they said it was fine. I tested my drive in another housing that I knew worked and it wouldn't see it. I finally saw the ownership checkbox, unchecked it and everything is fine. Under 10.6.8, it didn't seem to matter. I could boot off a backup drive that had Ignore ownership checked but not with Lion. Of course, I could be going crazy but I think this is one of those things that's changed in Lion.