Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2009, 12:26 AM

Snow Leopard stinks. Can I be saved?

So...

A week or so ago, I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Before doing so, of course, I did my neat lil' backup (as I always do) using SuperDuper! because it is, after all, SuperDuper.

I installed Snow Leopard with no problem, and went about my business, which included my every-other-day SmartUpdates of my hard drive to my external HD. Then, after a couple of days, I found an awesome bug in Snow Leopard: when I'm within third-party applications and I try to open or save something from within that application, the application crashes. You can imagine how psyched I am about this. I've spoken to Apple, they seem to be aware that it's a problem and are trying to repair it for the next update to 10.6.2, but until then, I seem to be screwed.

What I'd love to do is go back to plain old Leopard, but I'm thinking I can't do this, because I've made numerous backups of the HD with SuperDuper! since I did the upgrade. Sadly, I think this may be one of those instances where using TimeMachine might have actually been a better plan, as it can take you back to whatever day you'd like, but I'm not sure. So I'm asking you, SuperDuper! staff: is there a way for me to actually do this? I feel like if I go back to regular Leopard and just try to restore from my backup, it'll be all screwed up because that backup now reflects Snow Leopard-specific changes. Is this correct? Is there any solution? Am I making sense at all?

Thanks in advance!

Tags
snow leopard 10.6.1