Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2016, 02:54 PM

I agree that this feels unusual. However, it is unlikely that the problem is hardware-based, seeing how this identical problem affects three different Macintoshes (2009, 2010, 2015). I attempt to maintain the operating system and the application complement identical on all three computers. The singular noteworthy difference is that my small business office McIntosh includes Parallels, while the two home Macintoshes do not.

When I purchased my new iMac, a couple months ago, this was the last thing that I expected to happen. In fact, given my minimalist, lean and mean, software philosophy, I have installed even less software on this new iMac, than is on my previous two iMacs. Once I had completed configuring my new iMac, I had planned to erase the internal boot drives of the other two iMacs, and then, use SuperDuper! to copy the new iMac boot drive backup (even leaner and meaner) to the other two iMac internal boot drives.

Are you familiar with MacTeX/TeXShop? I have installed it on all three iMacs. I have used LaTeX for thirty years, starting with VAX/VMS. I can't imagine not having it installed on my Macs, yet, sometimes I wonder if it is the culprit, since it installs at the UNIX level. I can't put my finger on it. I guess that I am searching in the dark.