Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM

Smile A simple situation

Hi, I'm in a similar but more simple situation and would like an answer to the original question, "How to upgrade with the assistance of SD?"

I have a newish iMAC (August 2007) 24" with 10.4 and an external HD with 500GB and 800 FireWire. I have a cloned bootable exact copy of my iMAC HD on a 250GB partition on the external HD that was created by SD and is updated daily by SD.

So, is it best for me to make a final SD created update to my external HD from my iMAC HD (10.4 clone) and then do a vanilla install of 10.5 (Leopard) onto my iMAC HD? I could then copy my data files back to my new 10.5 iMAC and install my apps there too.

If it all goes pear shaped , then I could boot from my external HD and copy my 10.4 clone back to the iMAC HD using SD run from the external HD.

If all goes well , I just wait until Shirt-Pocket confirm my current SD build will work with 10.5 or download the update that does. Then I just used SD as seems fit alongside TimeMachine.

I can avoid using TimeMachine until this time, or use it on the other 250GB partition on my external HD.

I thought this was how to use SD in this situation. But perhaps I'm missing something?

What do you all think of that plan?