Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 AM

Can SuperDuper do MAC what Norton Ghost does for PC

Hello this is my first post … My son has a MAC PRO 2x quad core Intel xeon running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with a 640G HD(Macintosh HD) and a Raid 5 controller with 3x 1.5TB HDs (3TB Raid) and a 2TB External HD. He uses this system for his Design work (I’m his Tech.).

I’m new to MAC, experienced with PCs, here is my question:

Can the Super Duper software create a complete System IMAGE of the operating system. I have used Norton Ghost for PCs and have created system Image files which can be used by booting up from the Norton CD and pointing to an external HD which contains the Image … In no time (15 mins.) I have recovered the system and all its content. No need to reinstall all software, this is the way to insure an easy full system recovery and peace of mind. … Can Super Duper do the same … Thanks in advance …