Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2008, 05:38 PM

Virtual Defrag and Shrink

I made a fresh clone of my hard drive. Then opened up my VM (Vista using Fusion), ran Diskeeper in the VM, then shut down the VM and used to vdiskmanager GUI to run a virtual defrag. After that I booted up the VM and used VMTools to shrink. Next I plan to use iDefrag to defrag the internal drive of my MacBook Pro (the only reason I haven't yet is that my fans were not working and temps were 90 ºC, and within iDefrag there is an option to cease defragging whenever temps get too hot and the default is set for, I think, 55 ºC. So my question is, when running Smart Update, does defragging files between clones, cause SuperDuper to clone the drive so its clone is in the same state of defragmentation, or, does it simply make copies of whatever you've added or changed to a file, without regard to the level of defragmentation.

(A similar question could be asked for DiskWarrior, are the changes to the Directory reflected in the clone for changes made inbetween Smart Updates?)