Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2009, 02:31 AM

Problem with cloned Time Machine Disk

I just cloned my time machine disk and when it completed I tried to browse to it. Holding down the Option Key and selecting "Browse Other Time Machine Disks" did nothing. Shouldn't it at least have brought up a dialog box with the current Time Machine Disk listed? So I then went to the Time Machine preferences and tried selecting "Change Disk..." When I selected the just created clone, I got the following warning: "Are you sure you want to back up to the same disk your original data is on? The volume you have chosen for storing backups is on the same disk as the volume containing your data. To fully protect your data, you should back up to a volume on a different disk." Huh?

I would have either expected I could enter Time Machine and see my backed up files, or have continued to use the clone as my Time Machine Volume. Am I wrong or do i not understand something here.

Confused.