Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Hi Dave,

Sorry for my agitation late last night. Was really disappointed to discover something that might prevent me from using the full potential of SuperDuper on yet another machine.

The events leading up to this problem on my new machine were not the same as the previous problem. But the result that I cannot access my sandbox is, though a different error message as mentioned.

Please note:

I did not migrate from a sandbox nor said so. I migrated from my old machine HD to my new one using Migration Assistant and an ethernet cable.

I did this the first time I turned on the new machine thus there were no preexisting users or filevaulted account.

When migration finished, I got the message:
"users/user/user.sparseimage could not be copied because it is too large. try copying this file manually from the Finder"

When I tried to log into my new machine, I could not. Seemed obvious to me that my home folder (the filevault sparseimage) was not migrated.

At this point, I decided to reinstall the OS on my new machine from the install disk - with the intention to copy my data, applications, plists, and application support files manually (not even sure that is possible - is it??)

When reinstalling the OS, I created a partition for Sandbox. Once install complete, I filevaulted the account. (perhaps a mistake). I then used SD to clone the HD and restart from Sandbox.

It could not restart from sandbox. Giving me a nonspecific error message something like:
"cannot log into Sandbox because there is an error"

So, I hope that is clearer.

Do you have any suggestions to move forward?

Thx - brennan